US HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST
The HR Generalist will be responsible for providing strategic HR support and guidance to our organization's departments and employees. As an HRG, you will play a crucial role in fostering a positive work environment, enhancing employee engagement, and aligning HR initiatives with business objectives. You will collaborate closely with managers and employees, providing expertise in various HR areas, including benefits, talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, and organizational development.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for providing strategic HR support and guidance to our organization’s departments and employees. As an HRG, you will play a crucial role in fostering a positive work environment, enhancing employee engagement, and aligning HR initiatives with business objectives. You will collaborate closely with managers and employees, providing expertise in various HR areas, including benefits, talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, and organizational development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a trusted HR advisor and partner to managers and employees, offering guidance on HR policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Collaborate with managers to understand departmental goals and objectives and develop and implement HR strategies that support those goals.
- Manages the benefit plan selection, enrollment, and administration.
- Support talent acquisition efforts, including job analysis, job descriptions, recruitment strategies, candidate screening, and interviewing as requested.
- Manages the full life cycle of new employees including onboarding, orientation, and exit interviews at termination.
- Provide guidance and support to managers with new employees’ induction and training, ensuring a smooth integration into the organization.
- Manage employee relations issues by conducting investigations, providing guidance, and facilitating resolution in compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Coach and advise managers on performance management, including goal-setting, performance evaluations, and development plans.
- Support employee engagement initiatives, including recognition programs, surveys, and events to foster a positive work culture.
- Is a champion for the company’s Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion team.
- Stay informed about changes in employment laws and regulations and ensure compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
The above job description in no way states or implies these duties are the only duties performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other related duties necessary for the effective operation of the department and company.
The Company reserves the right to change or alter any of the above duties and responsibilities according to the operational needs of the department and Company.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience in an HR generalist or HR business partner role, with a strong understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations and their practical application in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with managers and employees at all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills, with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional certification in HR (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP) is a plus.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Ability to influence and partner with all levels of the organization to achieve results
- High level of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Able to understand business strategy and translate it into people strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
Conditions of Employment:
Verification of employment history, professional references, and education or training.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Travel may be required based on business needs (domestically and internationally) and attend virtual programs outside of working hours as needed.
Aptitude Health is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.